Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Fatal Impudence: A Sakura Haruno Story: Part 2


Please Read: The murders in here are based off of real serial killers, please read at your own risk.

           
           It had been a while since I’ve last seen Neji. The last time that I saw him was when Kakashi and I went to get my stuff out of his apartment and move out, Neji just stood up against the wall with tears in his eyes at the sight of seeing me with Kakashi. Since then, Kakashi and I have started exclusively dating and have been living together. And in about the course of five months, we had found out that I’m six months pregnant. Whether it’s Kakashi’s child or Neji’s, we haven’t the slightest clue. But Kakashi is supportive of me none the less.
            I was in the arms of my lover one night, sleeping by his side when I heard a knock at the door. Both Kakashi and I sat up in bed and looked at each other in confusion, I glanced at the clock and it was two o’clock in the morning. Who could be knocking at this hour, I thought.

            I put on a robe and went with Kakashi to the door, when Kakashi opened the door, we saw an ANBU member. “Sakura Haruno, there has been a murder. We need you to identify the body.” The man coolly said, acting unfazed by the mortifying news that he was baring.

            Kakashi turned to me and I had my mouth hanging wide open, “Let me get dressed,” was all that I had managed to get out. I ran to my shared room and put on some clothes that were laying on the ground from earlier that night when Kakashi had practically ripped me out of my clothes from that day. Kakashi met me in the room and he too changed into his clothes from earlier that night, he gave me a supportive kiss and said something that I didn’t catch. My mind was racing with thoughts of who the body could be, my mom’s, my dad’s? I didn’t even want to think about it!

            When both of us had finished dressing, we went outside to greet and follow the ANBU member. He led us to some run down part of Konoha, I wasn’t sure if I knew anybody who was this poor and needy, but I followed anyway.

            When we had reached the site, we saw ANBU members swarming the place, it was a full fledged investigation. The member of which we had blindly followed led me in and everyone made a hall for me to pass through and see the body.

            When I saw the body, I had to cover my mouth with my hand to keep from screaming. There was a man that I had never seen before, his neck busted open with his tendons hanging out, bloody and purple. There were two safety pins stuck in his lifeless eyes and his chest was cut, from the neck down to his groin. His innards had been plucked clean from inside him and his intestines and organs were scattered randomly all over the room. A lung was on the end table, another was crushed into the carpet next to the man, leaving a bloody and chunky stain that made me gag. But the most shocking thing of all was what was carved into his seemingly untouched arms. Sakura Haruno.

            I screamed and fell backwards, Kakashi caught me in his arms and I started trembling. “Do you know him?” the ANBU member that we had followed asked nonchalantly. I shook my head no, and in shock, I screamed once again. Kakashi grabbed my shoulders and turned me around so that I had my head in his chest.

            “She doesn’t know who it is, we’ll be leaving now.” The copy ninja announced as he led me out of the place. I was sobbing and trembling, not because I was sad, but because I was scared that someone was killing people for me.

            As Kakashi carried me to our house, all I could do is cry and shake, I relived everything. The sight, the smell, the safety pins jabbed into the victim’s eyes, everything. Kakashi led me into the bedroom and laid me down in bed with my clothes still on, I  rolled over on my side and stared wide eyed at the window, waiting for someone to break in. Three times that early morning I checked to make sure that every window was locked, and I made sure that every door was locked, and when Kakashi had to leave for a mission around nine o’clock in the morning, I begged him not to go. I had a day off from work today and if the killer knew it, they’d be here and kill me in a gruesome and inhumane way like they killed that unknown man last night.

            “You’ll be fine Sakura,” Kakashi reassured me as I held onto him begging him not to leave. “No I won’t! You know that! If the killer knows me then they’ll know where I live!” I reasoned hopelessly, I knew that Kakashi had to leave me because this mission was so important. But why did he have to be gone for three days? And why did I have to be off work for those three days?

            Kakashi leaned down and kissed me hard, “Don’t worry babe. I’ll make sure that you’re safe. I’ll ask Rock Lee to protect you; he’s a skilled fighter and a good kid.” Kakashi half heartedly reasoned as he remained inches from my mouth from where he kissed just moments ago. I just shook my head and buried myself into his arms, “I love you,” I mumbled into his shirt. “I love you too Sakura,” Kakashi answered as he kissed my hair and walked out the door before I could protest anymore.

            As Kakashi left, I rushed to lock the door and I ran into our bedroom, locked myself in and turned on the TV, anything to distract me from the fact that our lone window was made of glass and could be easily smashed. I had a kunai out and at every little creak, every hum on the TV, every tick of our old clock, I jumped and was ready to attack. This killer wouldn’t take me down without a fight!

            After a while it became dark. I turned on my light in my bedroom and made sure that there was no dark spaces for the killer to hide in, I felt like a little kid afraid of the dark again. I left the TV on, I wasn’t really watching it, it was just background noise to keep my mind off of things, but it didn’t work. It was soon midnight and I hadn’t realized that I had fallen asleep until I heard a knock on my door again, I looked at the clock and I noticed that it was two o’clock in the morning again.

            I hoped that it was Kakashi and not a killer! As I carefully made my way to the door I got out more weapons, then I grasped the door knob and flung the door open, holding my knife in stabbing position. But what I saw made my guard lower a bit and my heart sink a little more, it was the same ANBU ninja from last night. “Sakura, we need you to come see something again,” the man said again in an unfazed tone.

            I just nodded and followed him, there was no need for me to change again as I had not changed out of my clothes since yesterday. I’m sure that I smelled horrible but I didn’t care, I was paranoid and alone.

            When we reached the scene, it was a more middle class apartment complex, but the same room number. Room number 13; I shuddered at the thought of the number and its relationship to the murder last night. When the ANBU showed me this body, it was a woman. She appeared to be in her forties.

            The woman’s mouth was cut from ear to ear, her eyes were gouged out and crushed into the hardwood floors which were now red with blood. Her head was severed and laid upright just a few feet from her, it was facing me with its’ bloody smile and its’ bloody eye sockets. Her whole body was mutilated and her fingers and toes were also detached from those limbs. There was another sickening coincidence about this murder that showed relation to the one from last night, her severed limbs were intricately placed to spell Sakura Haruno again. Probably what shocked me the most was that there was enough limbs and severed parts to spell my full name.

            I screamed again, just like last night, and I kept saying “I don’t know her, I don’t know her,” over and over again. The ANBU members looked at each other and shrugged and asked me to leave. I shook my head in defiance. “Please, someone walk with me home, I’m scared!” I cried stepping forward and desperately looking at everyone.

            After much begging and pleading, an ANBU member decided to take me home after all, and once I got home I fell into bed with my thoughts swimming of murders, murderers and what would become of me and my baby, eventually these thoughts put me asleep and plunged me into a realm of nightmares.

            I awoke in a sweat and suddenly felt at peace as the sun shown on my pink hair, I decided to pay my friend Ino a visit today and I got up to take a shower, albeit remembering to lock the door while I was in there. I changed into some clean clothes and made my way to Ino’s house, still on hyper vigilance.

            But when I came to Ino’s house, there was nobody home. Which was weird for her so I went in, as I crept in, I saw that everything was out of place and messy. My heart started beating fast, “Ino!” I screamed with no reply. “Ino!” I screamed even louder, but there was still no reply.

            I ran to her kitchen and found everything broken and the table was flipped over, at least she didn’t go down without a fight, I thought to myself, trying to lighten the mood and hopefully calm myself down in the process. I saw a weird note, written on pink paper, I gulped at the sight of it waiting there, so patient, so expectant, so intentional.

            I shuffled over to the counter where the note lay and gulped once again before I read what was written on the pink paper,

           

            Sakura-



            I have taken Ino, if you ever want to see her again, have Kakashi come find me and fight me, or else she’s next. She has a pretty jugular vein, I’m so so curious to see what her blood tastes like.



            Yours Truly,



X

           

            Oh no. He had taken Ino and now she’s his next victim! I had to find Kakashi.

No comments:

Post a Comment