Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Fatal Impudence: A Sakura Haruno Story: Part 3



            I ran and stumbled my way to Tsunade’s office, my big six month pregnant belly protesting at the rough movement with every step. I had to tell Tsunade that some crazy serial killer had taken Ino! I wondered what would happen to her, I knew that my options were low considering that I was pregnant and that Kakashi was on a mission for another day at least. I hated to think about the consequences.

            When I finally reached the Hokage’s office I heard voices inside and the door was ajar, although my problem was important I decided to wait, albeit listening in to what they were saying.

            “But Lady Tsunade, they’re planning a revolt!” one man insisted. Tsunade sighed and replied, “I know that, but if they try to go against me, I have the ANBU and all of my loyal ninja on my side. So thanks for the warning, you should be leaving now,” Tsunade insisted as the unknown male ninja stared at her and then headed for the door.

            I leaped back a few steps at the impending stranger and I settled for leaning nonchalantly on the wall while the unidentified man came out. As he opened the door, Tsunade fixed her gaze on me and told me to come in, I nodded and rushed in, barely giving the unknown ninja enough time to come out.

            Before Tsunade could even ask me why I was there when I had the day off, I cut her off and told her about all of the murders that had my name tied into it somewhere, Ino’s kidnapping, and lastly what the note said. Tsunade let me finish then leaned forward, lost in incoherent thoughts.

            “Sakura, it said that he wanted to fight Kakashi?” Tsunade asked, looking up at me with a burning and almost disbelieving stare. “Yes Lady Tsunade. That’s why we need to get Kakashi back home—and fast! I don’t know what will happen to Ino…” I trailed off in hopeless conviction.

            “Sakura, is there someone else that you’d like to help you find this kidnapper? Someone that would help you until Kakashi gets back?” Tsunade suggested, obviously my dire situation wasn’t at the top of her to do list. Then it dawned on me, Kakashi told me to use Rock Lee for protection, I could use him!

            “Yes Lady Tsunade, Rock Lee. Kakashi told me that he’d protect me. But, how will we know where to find the kidnapper? He just left a trail of murders behind and he said that he wanted Kakashi to fight him, never specified a location,” I insisted stepping forward and clenching my fist, making an obvious gesture that I was not backing down, even if I was six months pregnant.

            “Hm… That I do not know. Contact the ANBU or ask Shizune, I have bigger things to worry about,” Tsunade unhelpfully told me as she waved me off and twisted her seat so that she was facing the windows. I knew that this was a gesture telling me that I had to go, so I didn’t speak another word and I just did as she said. I had to go find Rock Lee anyway.

            I looked at the spot were I knew Rock Lee would be first, the training grounds. And sure enough, there was Rock Lee!—Beatles haircut and all. I called his name and he turned around and smiled at me, “Sakura! What are you doing here?” he asked me as he approached me.

            “Oh Lee, have I got the story to tell you!” I gushed in a huff, walking around this town and being six months pregnant was the work out! I explained the murders and Kakashi’s promise that Lee would protect me and Ino’s kidnapping, and Lee listened attentively, nodding at the appropriate times to let me know that he was listening.

            “Sakura, I would like to help you but I do not know who could be the murderer and Ino’s kidnapper,” Lee bowed respectively, his face peppered with sorry and worry. “Then could you at least fight the kidnapper for me? Kakashi won’t be back until late tomorrow night…” I stopped abruptly once I was reminded of night, I had to go home and brave the night by myself once again. Hopefully I wouldn’t get word of Ino’s murder in the middle of the night.

            “What is wrong Sakura?” Lee asked me, now the concern was not just peppered on his face, but clearly visible. “It’s just that… Every night there’s a new murder, and I’m so paranoid that it might be me next time...” I trailed off looking at the ground gravely.

            “Would Kakashi mind if I stayed the night with you Sakura?” Lee hesitantly asked, my head shot up at his offer and my face brightened up, I would be protected tonight by the best fighter that I’ve ever known! “I would love that Lee! Can you come over just before it gets dark?” I asked, that way I wouldn’t be spending the whole day with him and suspicions wouldn’t rise that I was cheating on Kakashi. Lee nodded and excused himself to resume training, and with that I made my way back to my shared apartment.

           

            Lee came over later that night and he laid on the couch in my living room, facing the front door just in case. While Lee was doing this, I went to bed to get some much needed and much deserved rest. But I’m sad to say that this rest was short lived and once again interrupted by the same ANBU ninja.

            The night processed as it usually did, the ninja asked me to indentify a body, and asked me for information on who the murderer could be, and I went with Lee to the sight of the killing apprehensively.

            This time the killing was in an upscale apartment complex, in the room with the recurring and unfortunate number 13. I walked into the apartment, afraid for what would happen.

            Surprisingly, this murder wasn’t as gruesome, and I sighed a sigh of relief. The body of a family, a husband, wife and young son were hung and into each of their cheeks Sakura Haruno was carved. Lee yelped when he saw the bodies, and he noticed that I wasn’t as shocked as he was. Lee gave me a questioning stare, “I’ve now grown accustomed to it,” I reassured Lee.

            The night again progressed as usual, me going home drenched with paranoia and not being able to sleep that night, even thought Lee was there to keep me safe. Eventually I fell asleep, only to be greeted by nightmares of children hanging and my own unborn baby, being tortured and killed by this serial killer…

            I felt someone shake me and I jumped up and almost butted heads with someone. I tried to blink my vision back, I had to see if it was a strange man who awoke me, but I lost my foothold on the ground due to my not being able to see anything in front of me that was actually clear and I fell forward. A strong hand wrapped itself around my forearm and prevented my fall, but the grip was familiar… I looked up to see Kakashi and I almost fell over myself in excitement. I ran into his strong arms and kissed him with all of my might.

            “Sakura!” Kakashi laughed kissing me and hugging me and swinging me around. “Kakashi! I’ve missed you! When did you come in?” I beamed staring at my lover and possible father of my child. “Just this morning, we finished the mission early,” Kakashi told me as he leaned down and kissed my lips again. “I love you…” I mumbled as I buried myself into his shirt and held onto him tight, breathing in his scent.

            “I love you too Sakura,” Kakashi replied as he stroked my pink hair. I came to the sudden realization that everything wasn’t okay, and that there was a killer who wanted to fight Kakashi, I pulled myself out of his arms and stared at his handsome face.

            “We need to talk about something?” Kakashi asked, although it came out as more of a question. I quickly nodded and we sat on our bed, I told him about Ino, the other murders, and the note.

            “Do we even know who this killer is?” Kakashi asked staring at me with concern. I shook my head no, and when I opened my mouth to answer I felt something sharp shoot through my stomach and it knocked the wind out of me, I gagged and gasped at this pain. I looked up at Kakashi wide eyed and scared and he stared back down at me confused. “I think that I’m in labor!” I screamed as another sharp pain shot through me. Kakashi gasped and picked me up, I didn’t know where he was taking me, but I had hoped the hospital. This was bad, very very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment