Friday, April 20, 2012

Heart Of Gold Ch 5: I'm Not So Weak



“Hello.” I heard a male voice say. I shot up in bed.

            It was Deidara.

            “Hi…” I replied shocked that he’d come to find me, especially since he’d been so cold to me lately. “You want to take a walk?” Deidara asked smirking. What could he be planning? Oh well, at most it could be a prank and it probably wouldn’t bother me. If anyone can take a joke, it’s me.

            Deidara raised an expectant eyebrow at me. I quickly nodded and told him to wait outside while I found something suitable to wear. I chose to wear a polka dotted short sleeve shirt with black skinny jeans and black flats. Not exactly the ideal hiking outfit but that’s okay. At this moment nothing bothered me. I quickly put up my hair in a sloppy bun like I always do and I caked on the eyeliner.

            I was done in about five minutes and I went outside. Deidara just looked at me and I smiled. Yes I know I’m not attractive but I try, I thought as I grabbed his wrist and led us out. He seemed to be in a daze as I led him out of the lair.

            As soon as we got out of the lair I dropped his wrist and we walked side by side in silence. I remembered things from when I was little; like that I’ve only had two boyfriends in my life.

            My first boyfriend was Haru, I dumped him because I didn’t like him, he could never be honest or straight foreword with me. I regretted dumping him, especially when he went out with all my best friends. I did some things to my wrist that I regretted after that incident…

            Deidara looked at me snapping me from my memory. I just gave him a polite smile. We kept walking up the hill. Where’s he taking me? I thought. That thought brought me back to another memory… About my second boyfriend Kyo.

            I remember I fell head over heels for Kyo. He was charming, romantic and funny. Until he left me for Chieko. I was heartbroken, I felt so angry and used and betrayed, after it didn’t work out between them he came crawling back to me. He told me he never loved Chieko and that he only wanted me. So I took him back and he cheated on me with two other girls. He said that making out with a girl at a party didn’t qualify as cheating, but when I asked about his “friend with benefits” he said nothing. What a liar.

            I’d sworn off boys until Hidan, now I’m back to swearing them off again. I’d rather die alone than die with a man.

            “What are you thinking about?” Deidara asked studying my face. I snapped to reality. I blushed, “Just remembering some past boyfriends…” I replied covering my hand with my mouth. Deidara just nodded.

            “So… who do you like?” I asked Deidara trying to start a conversation. Deidara gave me a sly side look. “I think I like someone, but they’re not the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen, which makes it hard.” I just nodded knowing very well that he meant me.

            “Is it me?” I asked weakly looking at the ground. Everyone here was so brutally honest, in a way it was nice but in another way it just killed me. Deidara slowly nodded and I simply said oh.

            Deidara led me to a clearing in the forest. “Why did you bring me here?” I asked looking around on the verge of tears after Deidara just insulted me. “Does this look familiar?” he asked looking down on me. I took another good look around and nodded.

            “Leader-sama found you here a when you were little…” Deidara informed me I just nodded racking my brain trying to remember. “I don’t remember Deidara…” my voice trailed off.

            “That’s because he erased your memory.” Deidara informed me giving me a stare that screamed “I’m analyzing you”. I doubled over and clutched my head, why couldn’t I remember? I felt Deidara rubbing my back awkwardly. I just dubbed it that he hasn’t given sympathy in a long time.

            I started to draw circles in the ground with my finger trying to think. “I-I think I might remember…” I whispered. “Is that why they accepted a useless person like me into the Akatsuki?” I asked Deidara standing up. He just nodded quickly not saying a word.

            Suddenly ANBU ninjas burst out from all sides. I felt frightened and a little embarrassed that they saw the situation. There was an explosion and gas engulfed us, I knew better than to breath this stuff and I immediately put my hands to my nose until it cleared, but Deidara and was little late on that. He swallowed a mouthful and he started coughing. I quickly patted his back trying to help him. He soon stopped coughing and he took in the situation.

 Deidara and I went back to back looking at the circle of ninjas around us. “Damn,” he cursed under his breath. “I didn’t bring any clay.” He whispered through clenched teeth. That’s right, I thought, Deidara needs clay to make things explode.

            “Then we’ll rely on close combat.” I whispered back, I had zero faith in my abilities to fight these guys off, but I had to try for the sake of Deidara and my own.

            I threw a kunai at one of them, he grabbed it and threw it back at me. I think I just provoked them… I thought. I closed my eyes and concentrated on taking as much chakra from these guys as possible.

            I felt a breeze go past me and I opened my eyes, it was a kunai. It was time to fight these guys and then bale once they were weak enough. I kept focusing and taking away more and more chakra. Hopefully, I can make them weaker.

            I ran up to one of them and hurled my leg at him, he grabbed my leg and threw a punch at me, which I grabbed his wrist and I snapped it like it was nothing. Thank God I can steal chakra.

            The ninja screamed out in pain and I kicked his shin, which gave out. I turned around to check on Deidara, he was doing fine. Actually he was doing better than fine, he was doing great. He was taking on about four of them at the same time.

            I decided to help the guy out so I threw a kunai and at one of them, his shoulder was pinned to the tree and I kneed him in the gut, I heard the sickening crunch of ribs and I saw blood spew from his mouth. I was immediately disgusted but then I realized that I had to help.

            More ANBU came and Deidara was getting hurt bad by all of these guys and the smoke that he recently inhaled didn't help either. I wished I could help but I was being thrown around by someone about a foot and a half taller than me.

            The man who I was going against hit me in the gut then grabbed my wrists and then hit me again. He released my wrists and I went flying, he was good, real good. But of course, I wasn’t the greatest either.

            My back hit a tree and I felt blood escape from my mouth. I was too weak to get up; I managed to get onto my elbows, but with great struggle. I looked over at Deidara who was unconscious. I felt something inside me snap and I felt this strength I have never felt before.

            I raced towards the guy who was about a foot and a half taller than me and I kicked him in the face then I bolted behind him and hit him hard in the back with my foot, he went flying and crashed into a tree. He didn’t get up after that.

            I raced over to another ninja and I hit them with all my might, I felt their skull crack from the force of my fist. Then I swung my leg in a half circle and hit another in the face, they plummeted to the ground which cracked. I never knew I could take this much chakra. I thought. This was a first for me; I wasn’t using my chakra but theirs’.

            I then swiftly grabbed the collar of another ninja and punch them in the jaw, their jaw made a weird movement and I was sure it broke. I dropped the ninja and grabbed another one attempting to retreat.

            I clutched the retreating ninja’s collar and shoved a kunai through their heart with brute force. Never did I once think about how awful it was to take so many lives. After I finished with this ninja I raced over to Deidara.

            He was getting up in a jerky fashion. I slid on my knees and I put a hand on his back. He was coughing up blood, I immediately panicked. “Deidara… let’s get you back!” I declared, conviction was burning through my voice. Deidara nodded and I helped him stand.

            He looked around, and then looked at me. “I guess I’m not so weak.” I smiled, trying to make him feel better. Deidara started coughing uncontrollably again, he coughed so hard and so loud. I silently prayed that he wouldn’t cough up a burnt lung; I don’t know what I’d do then.

            Sure enough when Deidara removed his hands from his mouth there was a black lump. My eyes widened and I felt myself stop breathing for a moment. “That’s your lung…” I whispered Deidara looked at me horrified.

            I quickly put him on my back and I ran him to the base, my chakra was still high from all of it that I took in from those ANBU, they were like a chakra buffet.

            When we reached the lair I let out a loud scream, knowing that everyone would rush. “What is it?” Itachi asked, he was the first to find me. I pointed to Deidara who was on all fours coughing and hacking. “Get Kakozu!” Itachi barked. He patted Deidara’s back and he told me to help get him to the medical center. I nodded and went straight to helping.

            “Kakozu!” Itachi repeated. Kakozu wasn’t coming, but everyone else was scrambling.

            Where are you?



            TO BE CONTINUED!

No comments:

Post a Comment