Friday, April 20, 2012

Heart Of Gold Ch 2: This Isn't The Life For Me


          
            I didn’t know what to pack. So I settled on a bunch of knives and my dad’s special poison. I couldn’t believe I’d be part of murdering the Kazekage. My friend Gaara! But duty is duty… I’ll never be able to be as heartless and cruel and these people.

            After I finished packing I grabbed my Akatsuki robe and put it over my black spaghetti strap shirt and black skinny jeans with red converse. I didn’t bother zipping up this ugly coat.

            I rushed into the living room where Deidara and Sasori were waiting for me “I’m ready!” I yelled bending down to catch my breath. They both looked at me weird and turned to leave. “I’ll ride on my sculpture; Sasori will walk and so will you, un.” Deidara informed me and with that he made the clay bird and got on it. Sasori looked a little angry to be with me. I felt utterly useless.

           

            We soon made it to Suna. Deidara landed and met up with us. Sasori informed us on the plan and I just nodded. We were let into the village by one of the Akatsuki’s accomplices. I felt nervous, anxious and guilty. Nervous because if I messed up, I’d be killed, anxious because this is a ninja infested village and guilty because we could possibly kill my old friend Gaara. But like I said, duty is duty.

            My job was to attack the few jonin’s guarding the Kazekage’s office silently. That’s what I’m good at so I should be okay right? Wrong. When I threw a kunai at a jonin’s shoulder and pinned him to the wall others started to notice. I silently said sorry as I took the jonin pinned to the wall’s head. The other jonin that came to help threw a kunai at my stomach. I tried to dodge it but it ended up hitting my shoulder.

            I quickly punched the jonin in the face using the chakra that I sucked out of him. I hit him so hard in the skull that I heard a sickening crack. I was sure he was dead. I waited and listened for other jonins to come but none came. I let out a sigh of relief and continued searching for other jonins.

            I felt dirty and guilty for taking two people’s lives. What about their wives? Their mothers? What if they had kids? Oh God, no! What if they had kids?! Those kids would grow up fatherless! Or what if their wife was pregnant? Oh God! I just ruined their lives! Their wife could be starving because her only source of income is gone! I just ruined their lives! I felt like crying. S-rank criminal stuff isn’t for me!

            My thoughts were interrupted by a loud bang. It had to be Deidara. I peered up, yep; low and behold there was Deidara on his giant stupid bird. NO! I scolded myself, It makes him happy and he’s good at it, it’s NOT stupid I told myself. Sometimes I think mean thoughts and I have to scold myself for them. No one should be treated badly.

            I noticed other jonin and I threw needles at their vein in their neck. They dropped dead, because of the poison and also I hit a vital vein. I let a tear slip; I’ll never be able to do what they do so easily. It just isn’t right to take a life.

            I saw Gaara up there with Deidara fighting. I was torn between cheering for my team mate and cheering for my old friend. I just wish I could just talk to Gaara one more time… I should’ve thought about the consequences before agreeing to steal the scroll from the Akatsuki.

            I saw Deidara leaving I took it as my cue to leave. I threw more needles at the jonin that got in my way. I made sure to make them immobile and not kill them. I hope I succeeded. I ran as fast as I could, like my life depended on it, out of there.

            I was stopped at the gates by Kankuro; I prayed that he wouldn’t notice me. I don’t want him to see me like this. I jumped in a zig-zag pattern from wall to wall to try to avoid Kankuro. So far so good…

Until I turned around to see if he was following me. Big mistake, I saw the shock in his eyes, he stopped in his tracks and watched me go. He noticed my eyes, I thought He’s going to hate me forever. I hurt him… I could feel the tears clouding my vision. I kept following Deidara with Gaara while Kankuro fought Sasori.

It was hard to follow Deidara, he was going faster than I ever could run, even with my great speed. The rest of the mission was a blur…

I woke up the next morning ready to start my day. I put my hair up in my usually sloppy bun and I put on some skinny jeans with a striped spaghetti strap top and my red converse. I began to make breakfast, I made eggs. As I set them down on the table Hidan came in, his hair wasn’t slicked back at this moment, he looked kind of cute.

 “So you’re the bitch that’s been making breakfast.” Hidan stated eyeing me cooking, I just nodded. “I need to clean up this place.” I said looking up from my work and smiling. Hidan smirked back and walked up to the stove. I could feel his breath of my neck. He scooted me away and he took over the cooking. “Oh, I can get that.” I said not wanting to bother Hidan’s morning.

Hidan just waved me off. “You’re too fucking slow.” Hidan smirked. I felt my heart sink… “And… you could use a break.” Hidan said through clenched teeth. I felt like it almost pained him to be nice to me. I just nodded. “I’ll make the sausage then.” I smiled joyfully. Hidan didn’t answer or give any sign that he was listening.

I started to cut up the sausage and put it into a pan. “I’ll need to go grocery shopping soon… Do you know that nearest town?” I asked Hidan. Hidan just shook his head. “I’ll go with you if you want…” Hidan mumbled. I was in shock, Hidan wanting to spend time with the worthless newbie? I felt flattered. I couldn’t help but notice that my cheeks were getting hotter, and it wasn’t the heat from the kitchen…



To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment