Saturday, April 21, 2012

Double Crossing The Double Crossers: Pt 4: And Thus Ends...


            Suddenly I reminisced back to when Tai Sensei would sit me in his office and yell at me for hours on end, except for this was with Pain, the scary leader of the Akatsuki. He was pacing around his office, trying to find the words to say. I was praying to God that he didn’t find out about my little secret.

            “Are you really dedicated to what we do here at the Akatsuki?” Pain asked suddenly stopping his pacing and looking directly at me with a burning stare. I leaned forward in my chair, “Yes Leader-sama.” I protested, I tried not to sound too defensive or too apathetic either. Considering my less than sufficient acting skills, I really hoped that I had done a good enough job selling my character.

            “Then why are you running around sleeping with all of the members?” Pain asked leaning down to meet my face, I looked away quickly and blushed. How had he—oh wait. Kakozu probably told him. Damn him.

            When I didn’t have an answer, Pain just kept on lecturing me. He treated me like I was a little kid, which I probably acted like one, but still. The rest of what he said just went in one ear and out the other. But at least he hadn’t found out about the files right? Oh shit. They’re still under the bed. I needed to get out of here and check on those files fast!

            Soon Pain dismissed me and I all but ran to my self proclaimed room to look for the files. I searched under the bed, I didn’t find them. Oh damn. Someone had found those files and took them! Leader-sama will surely find out now!

            I had to think fast, if they found out that it was me who stole them then they’ll kill me, but if I run away—my thoughts were interrupted by the loud slam of the door. I jerked around to find Itachi there, files in hand.

            “Oh Itachi, it’s just you!” I breathed in relief. “Avril, let’s take a walk.” Itachi suggested, well not suggested. More like ordered. But I nodded and agreed to walk with him anyway.

           

            After Itachi and I made some considerable distance from base he stopped. “You can’t keep playing double agent.” Itachi said, his dark eyes staring at me. He was the only one who knew of my double agent status; after all we did discuss what I was going to do on his last trip to Konoha. He made travels to Konoha every so often to check up on his little brother, but since Sasuke has long since gone to join Orochimaru, Itachi has been coming to beg me to bring Sasuke home and find out whatever I can about his whereabouts.

            Just because Itachi was a killer, didn’t mean that he didn’t care. You’ll have to read about the Uchiha Massacre to find out what I’m talking about. It’s really worth looking into, but of course it’s a story that isn’t commonly known. Via Itachi’s request. But I knew about it. He told me himself.

            “Why can’t I?” I asked after a moment of silence while I was reflecting on Itachi and the Uchiha Massacre. “It’s not safe, Pain isn’t an idiot. He’s already suspicious, did you really think that you won anyone over last night when you came here asking to be a member? Everyone saw right through you, and,” he paused to pull out the files that I had stolen, “did you really think that no one would find these? They were poorly hidden.”

            I blushed while Itachi cut me down; I was a pretty bad spy wasn’t I? I looked at my combat shoes in embarrassment. We stood in silence for a while, I didn’t want to say anything for fear of Itachi further insulting me and for revealing my own ignorance on spying. This whole mission was a joke, what was Tsunade thinking? Sending me here? Pff. I was the worst spy in all of Konoha! Or maybe that was the point? I wasn’t sure why she sent me, but she did.

            I sighed heavily and looked up to face Itachi’s burning and disapproving glare. “Well, what should I do then?” I asked, hoping that my old friend would help me somewhat.

            “Run. Run far away from here.” Itachi sternly said with no expression apparent, I knew that he cared, he just didn’t want to show too much emotion considering his status in our world right now.

            “But what about my dress at the lair? It wasn’t cheap to buy you know!” I protested, in a way I wanted to go, but in another I didn’t. I had conflicting interests.

            “I’ll bring it to you when I can, just go. Now.” Itachi ordered grabbing my shoulders and shoving me in the direction of Konoha, or what I assumed the direction anyway. These forests were blinding and confusing.

            I just nodded and took off, I didn’t stop running until I was sure that I was about two miles from the base. And thus ended my double agent days, just like that. What? Were you expecting a better ending? Well I have nothing left to say, that’s exactly what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment