Friday, May 11, 2012

My Fatal Impudence: A Sakura Haruno Story: Part 5



I didn’t believe it. Suddenly everything made sense, the murders, the stealing of my newborn’s corpse, everything. “Hello Sakura,” Neji wickedly hissed, I watched as he held my bundle of joy in his arms and looked down at my dead child’s face.

            “He’s mine isn’t he Sakura?” Neji asked smiling wickedly and like a mad man. I just stared at him at the end of the alley, the sounds of the revolt in the background. “Yes he is. Now give him back and release Ino!” I demanded clenching my fist and taking a threatening step forward. But alas, he called my bluff and laughed, he knew that I was still weak from giving birth.

            “Which is more important, Ino or my icy, cold, dead son?” Neji asked, I cringed as he used the list of adjectives to describe my baby’s corpse. All that I wanted to do was take my baby back to the hospital and cry and lament over his body, but that courtesy was never granted to me.

            I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, “Ino. I want Ino back,” I paused a moment and opened my eyes with a new will power overwhelming me, “but just be warned, whatever you did to her will be done to you tenfold you sick bastard.” I hissed through clenched teeth as I took another step forward, getting ready to attack.

            Neji just laughed, “So you figured out that I’m the Sakura Serial Killer, huh?” he mocked, “you’re not as dumb as you look.” He once again mocked. I gulped at stared at the ground, tears almost filling my eyes at the thought of all the people that he killed in my name.

            “Why,” I paused to take a shaky breath, “why did you do it?!” I screamed as I met his evil eyes, Neji laughed again and looked down at my baby sadly, “I told you that you’d pay...” he mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

            “Ino, I want Ino. Where is she?” I demanded, still yelling at him, I didn’t mean to yell, but my cursed frustration and lack of self-control just imploded inside of me.

            Neji remained quiet for a minute, then he took my baby, still swaddled in the hospital blanket and unraveled the blanket. He held my son by the leg and leg him dangle, I screamed and Neji looked at me victoriously, he knew that he had found my soft spot.

            Neji teasingly let my baby’s corpse hang there before smiling a devilish grin and letting him drop on the hard, alley floor with a loud thud. I screamed and lunged for my baby, but then I regained composure. I needed to find someone who was alive and abducted, Ino.

            “Take me to Ino!” I screamed through my tears and frustration, this seemed to please Neji and he smiled another victorious and evil grin. “Have you checked the river? They say that the tide will be high today, it has been snowing a lot on the mountain.” Neji hinted, and that was all that I needed.

            I turned on my heel and went out of the alley to battle the revolts again, of which were getting more and more out of control. As I pushed my way through the rebels and I smelled the smell of burning tires, all that I could think of is what Neji did to Ino.

            There was shoving in the crowd of rebels, and they shoved me into a wall, knocking the wind out of me. I just brushed it off and kept pushing my way through the riot, getting hit and scraped by the pack of people.

            I rushed out of the city limits and the revolt to make my way to the river. I was afraid of what I would find, especially with the river at the risk of overflowing. As I sprinted through the forest in high hopes of finding the river and finding Ino still breathing, I came to a clearing, only to turn immediately left and find the river, and Ino. Strapped to a rock in the middle of the river with the cold water beating relentlessly against her back and face, I could see that she was in pain and pleading for help from me with her eyes.

            “Hold on Ino, I’ll get you out of there!” I called as the river picked up speed and gained volume. I looked around to find some way to reach her, but someone thought faster than I did. They walked on the water using their chakra and untied Ino while battling the merciless river and holding onto Ino with all of their might. It took me a while to register who this hero was, but then I realized that it was my knight in shining armor, Kakashi.

            “Kakashi!” I yelled happily as he returned Ino to the much anticipated land. Ino fell onto her hands and knees in a coughing fit as Kakashi released her from his grip and I rushed to her side.

            “Ino, Ino! Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” I questioned, worry was engulfing me as I watched my dear friend cough. Finally, Ino breathed and looked up at me with thankfulness in her eyes, “Yes. And no, that creep didn’t hurt me. He just tied me to a rock and left me to die! You have to get out of here Sakura, I’m sure you’ve seen the revolts by now. They’re planning to overthrow the Hokage and Neji is the ring leader, there’s no telling what he’ll do when he gets into power! He even got the freaking ANBU on his side!” Ino told me in a hurried tone.

            My eyes grew wide and I looked to my soaking wet lover, Kakashi. He just looked back at me then suddenly his head shot up to a tree branch, my head instinctively followed his and we both met the cruel gaze of Neji, who had just smashed my poor baby’s head just minutes ago.

            Neji’s gaze followed all of us and stopped on me, and he smiled a guilty smile and pulled out a kunai and shoved it through his heart with a grunt. I knew that it was inappropriate of me but I screamed regardless, Neji had killed himself in front of me.

            After Neji fell off the branch and onto the ground, none of us spoke. I started to quiver and Kakashi picked me up and carried me bridal style. Ino followed us without a word into town and we surveyed the damage done by the revolts.

            Parts of the city were ablaze and bodies lay everywhere, all three of us remained under the spell of silence as we looked upon Konoha until Ino finally spoke. “You know Neji did this for you… He wanted to take control of Konoha to make you love him again…” Ino mumbled, letting her voice trail off as she broke into silent and muffled sobs.

            I turned to Kakashi who looked back down at me, “Where will we go now?” I asked as I stared into his loving eyes. “I guess we’ll have to find a new village Sakura.” Kakashi finally answered as he breathed out. I just nodded and all three of us began exiting the village in hopes of finding a new village. Where we were going, we hadn’t the slightest clue.

            But I did know that Konoha was destroyed because of my fatal impudence.



No comments:

Post a Comment