Saturday, April 21, 2012

How I Met Your Mother: A RPC Engagement Story


            “See ya’ later!” Avril called as she walked out the door with Charlie, Matt and Jimmy. It was my turn to have Friday movie night at my house; I didn’t mind it so much besides the mess. Charlie, Matt and Jimmy drank themselves stupid tonight and there was beer cans everywhere, not to mention the stain on the couch.

            Avril volunteered to take the three drunks home while Evan offered to stay back and help clean. I don’t know what’s up with him lately, but he’s been being very nice to me. If he hadn’t been my friend of ten years, I would’ve suspected that he liked me.

            “Hey Constance, where do you want this?” Evan asked holding up probably the only beer can that wasn’t open. “Just put it in the fridge,” I told him motioning to the kitchen. Evan nodded and disappeared into the kitchen.

            I had a trash bag in hand and I was picking up every crumb of chips and Oreos that I possibly could find. I hated to vacuum and I didn’t want to vacuum if I could help it. “Hey Const, I hate to say it but I think we need to vacuum,” Evan said as he returned and he motioned to a pile of crushed chips sitting by the end table. I just sighed and picked up another beer can.

            “Okay, can you get out the vacuum? It’s in the closet by the stairwell.” I told Evan, he nodded and disappeared again. I looked around for anymore beer cans or mess and I tied off my trash bag and went to take it to the dumpster outside.

            I kept thinking about how nice Evan was being to me, if he liked me… I don’t know what I’d do. Part of me liked him too, but another part said that if we dated and we broke up, what would that do to us six troublemakers? I sighed and threw the trash bag in the dumpster, then I sluggishly returned to my house.

            When I opened the door I heard the angry hum of my old vacuum, Evan was already vacuuming! Thank God!

            “Hey Evan, you don’t have to do that,” I half heartedly said, hoping that he would insist on doing it. “No it’s okay Const. I’ll do it,” Evan stopped to smile at me, “besides I helped make this chip mess anyway.” Evan finished started to move the vacuum again. I smiled at him and went to clean up the kitchen while he vacuumed the rest of the living room.

            I was quickly rinsing dishes and putting them in the dish washer when Evan called my name. Well, not my real name, my nickname, Const. My heart skipped a beat when he said my nickname, he was the only one allowed to call me Const.

            I closed the dish washer and came to the living room in reply; Evan had finished vacuuming and had put the vacuum away already. “I don’t know how you like your living room so you’re going to have to help me put this back together,” Evan motioned to the mess of chairs and the crooked couch. “Okay, can you take these chairs and put them in the dining room? I’ll move the couch to where I like it.” I smiled at Evan, his expression then made me blush; it was so protective and concerned.

 “No it’s okay, I’ll move the couch and you can put the chairs away,” Evan insisted moving to the couch and starting to lift it, “No!” I cried reaching my hand out and almost stumbling, Evan gave me a sexy puzzled look; he looked so cute with his blonde hair blue eyes and freckles… Evan cleared his throat, I guess while I was mentally gushing over him time went by faster than expected. “We’ll do it together, it’s my house and you’re a guest in my house,” I tripped over my words while rushing over to the couch to help lift it.

            We moved the couch in the place that I like it and then we moved the chairs back into the dining room. We were both pretty tired, our friends liked to party hard and make a big mess, so we both plopped down on the couch and sighed.

            Evan then looked at me, and something changed in him. “C-Constance?” he stuttered, I slowly turned to look at him. He looked into my eyes for a moment, then he grabbed my face with one of his hands, then he leaned in to kiss me. I felt butterflies in my stomach; this is what I’ve waited for forever. I exhaled into the kiss as he pressed his lips deeper and more passionately on mine. Evan then pulled away and blushed; he turned his face away from me and stared at his lap.

            “Evan…” I whispered looking at him, he slowly turned his head to face me, longing filled his eyes. I couldn’t hold it in any longer, I grabbed him and kissed him like he’d never been kissed before.

            I realized what I was doing, then I realized us six. Avril, Jimmy, Matt, Charlie, Evan and me. What would happen to the six of us if Evan and I dated? I pulled away fast and looked at Evan in the eyes, worry filled his eyes and I’m sure my eyebrows were starting to knit as if I were going to cry.

            Evan shook his head and with it, shook off the worry. He took my face in his hand again and he kissed me, and I kissed back, and he kissed back. And well, before we knew it we were making out.

            I was on top of Evan on the couch, his head was hanging over the side, he was a big boy, about 6’1 I think. Evan started to play with the bottom hem of my shirt, I pulled away from him and grabbed his hand playing with my shirt, Evan looked shocked and embarrassed. “Save it for the bedroom,” I winked as I got up and started going upstairs.

            Evan just sat there staring at me wide eyed going up the stairs. I’m sure he’d eventually get the hint and follow, as I reached the hallway upstairs I heard him stumble and rush up the stairs after me.

            I approached my bedroom and opened the door and I lay on the bed and closed my eyes. I heard Evan come in and shut the door, I could hear the soft pad of his socks on the wood floor in my bedroom.

            I felt a weight plop beside me and curl up beside me, a hand wrapped itself around my waist and another hand grabbed my face and turned it to him. I opened my eyes and smiled up at Evan, and he smiled mischievously back and kissed me with so much passion.

            The hand that was on my waist moved to my back and rolled me closer to Evan and pressed me up against him. We lay there kissing for a while and then Evan slowly removed his hand from my back and put one leg on either side of me, he was on top of me now and his eager hands made their way to the hem of my shirt.

            He didn’t go straight to my bra however; he rubbed my stomach up and down teasing me. In a moment of boldness, I grabbed his hand and moved it up to my breasts. He kneaded my breasts making me moan, and soon I was playing with his zipper and the rest is just history.

            For the sake of keeping this story short, we had sex, and it was great. The next day I woke up to Evan curled up next to me, and I immediately felt guilty. I didn’t want this to be a one night stand, I liked Evan a lot. Maybe I even loved him!

            I wrapped my arms around a still sleeping Evan and curled up into his chest, I heard his heart beat and I felt him wake up. “Morning beautiful,” Evan smiled down at me. And that’s when I knew that I wanted to marry Evan.

            I kissed him and I got up to find some clothes, I was still naked, but I didn’t care. I wanted to marry this guy so I’d have to get used to it. Evan followed suit and picked up his boxers and pants, he didn’t bother to put on a shirt. And with his body, he didn’t have to!

            I put on some jean booty shorts and a purple short sleeved, low cut, tight shirt. If you haven’t noticed yet, purple is my favorite color. “Want breakfast?” I asked after I finished putting on my shirt.

            Evan smiled a grateful and might I add, sexy smile at me and said “Yeah, that’d be great.” I just blushed and made my way to the kitchen.

            I quickly whipped up some scrambled eggs and bacon and we sat eating breakfast and talking and laughing. I knew that Evan was someone who I could spend the rest of my life with… And I know that it sounds like I’m all focused on marriage, but honestly I was afraid of marriage because of my whore mother and her many marriages.

            Evan helped me clean up the kitchen and we sat on the couch, in each other’s arms, talking, kissing and laughing. Evan was my best friend, well one of them. Avril will always be my number one best friend. But anyway, Evan was my best friend and now I’m in love with him, I guess that it should feel wrong and nostalgic but it didn’t to me. It felt right.

            My clock chimed and I felt Evan jump, I lifted myself off of his chest and he stared at the clock. “What time is it?” I asked in a rushed tone, realizing that we needed to meet our four other friends at the skate park around eleven. “It’s ten.” Evan said flatly.

            “Shit!” I cried, Evan stared at me puzzled, like I shouldn’t be cussing. But he’s known me for ten years, he should know by now that I cuss. “The skate park Evan!” I raised my voice shaking him, his eyes widened and he stared at me.

            “I need to get home and take a shower and get changed!” Evan raced as he shot up from the couch. He bent down to kiss me again and told me that he’d meet me at the skate park in an hour and he ran out the door.

            I couldn’t help but feel like a piece of my soul was missing. I sat on the couch staring at my knees… Evan left, and for some reason I felt so lonely. I finally sighed and let it go and I went upstairs to take a shower and get dressed, I wanted to look good for Evan at least.



            I met Avril, Jimmy, Charlie, Matt and Evan at the skate park a little later than anticipated. “Where were you sleeping beauty?” Avril asked coming up to me, with her board in hand. “You’ll never believe what—I mean who—I did last night!” I rushed grabbed Avril’s arm with my free hand, my board was in the other. Avril’s mouth gaped open.

            I motioned with my head to the bench and Avril nodded, mouth still gaping from shock. I told her about my night with Evan, about how we slept together, ate together and about how I think that I want to marry him. She listened attentively and didn’t say anything until the end of the story.

            “Wow…. You really think that you love him?” Avril asked looking at me concerned. “Yeah… Yes I do.” I replied smiling confidently. “Uh….” Avril trailed off staring off at something in the skate park. I turned to see where she was looking, and sure enough, there was Evan, skating with his shirt off and talking to a bunch of girls. I let out a yelp that was a mixture of a cry and a scream.

            Avril looked at me with an expression of sorry on her face. “What… the hell?” I mumbled under my breath, staring at my lap trying hard not to cry. “Want me to beat him up?” Avril asked trying to comfort me, but I knew that she’d beat him up if I just said the word.

            Avril hit my leg with the back of her hand and I looked up at her, she pointed in Evan’s direction and there was Evan, staring at me and smiling a big stupid grin, I was so happy when he waved and started skating towards my direction that I almost ran up to him and met him half way.

            When Evan finally met us at the bench he leaned in and kissed me deep a passionately, and I knew that he still wanted me.

            Avril gasped and Charlie, Matt and Jimmy cheered and wolf whistled. When we pulled apart we smiled at each other and then we smiled in the direction of Charlie, Matt and Jimmy.

            “Yeah buddy!” Jimmy yelled shooting Evan a thumbs up. The three of them jumped onto their boards and glided over to us.

            “Are you dating now?” Charlie asked inquiring us, Evan was now sitting next to me with his arm around me. “Not sure,” Evan replied, he then turned to me, “Want to go on a date tonight?” he asked smiling a big goofy, nervous smile. “I’d love to,” I answered as I gazed into his blue eyes. I could get lost in there forever.

            “So I guess we are!” Evan declared to everyone, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up off the bench. “Aw!” Avril gasped putting her heart to her chest, normally this would be her way of being sarcastic but I knew that she was serious this time.

            “That’s adorable.” Matt mumbled expressionlessly. “Let’s keep skating. I need to practice for that big competition. Why? ‘Cause I got sponsored losers!” Charlie bragged as he jumped onto his board and skated off.

            “Hey! Wait for me! I’ll kick your butt Mr. Skater!” Avril mocked as she too took off, Matt and Jimmy just looked at each other, shrugged, and followed suit. “Want to get out of here?” Evan asked getting a little closer to my face, I blushed and nodded.

            Evan grabbed my hand and we made our way to get his shirt off of the fence, then we made our way to my house to drop off our boards and to wander Konoha spending time together.

            We saw our sensei, Tai Sensei, and he gave us a weird look. He recently got his eyes fixed and he’s been taking advantage of using them to make facial expressions. “Hey Tai Sensei,” I sweetly cooed, giving him a sweet smile to match. Tai Sensei just smiled and stalked off, looking over his shoulder to give us a puzzled look.

            The rest of the day was great, we ate ramen, laughed, joked, shopped and before we knew it, it was the end of the day. Evan walked me home to grab his board and wish me a goodnight.

            We made it to my house and we stopped at the door. “Hey, this is crazy, but…” Evan hesitated as he looked nervously as his shoes. I was waiting for him to say “we should be boyfriend and girlfriend” but that’s not at all what he said. “… I think that we should get married!” Evan rushed turning bright red.

            I looked at him and laughed a happy, jovial laugh that came from my belly. I hugged him and he picked me up and spun me around. “Great! I’ll go buy the ring right now and be back by tomorrow! I can’t propose right now because I don’t even know what to say and I don’t have a date set up or anything! By the way, can I have my board?” Evan raced, he didn’t stop once to breathe, he was just so darn excited!

            “Huh? Oh sure,” I stupidly said, I wasn’t able to process his words properly. I opened the door and let a beaming Evan in, and then he kissed me quickly and left, swinging his board in hand. I sighed and leaned against the door frame, watching him walk away.



            Constance? Follow me!” Evan ordered as he grabbed my hand and led me into the forest. I knew what was coming, a proposal.

            He stopped in a field of flowers and he got down on one knee. “I’m not sure if this is romantic enough, I know that you don’t care for flowers,” Evan started as he looked around, “but I don’t know what came over me, we’ve been friends for so long and now,” Evan stopped to laugh, “I love you. Will you marry me?” Evan finished smiling an expectant smile.

            I smiled and leaped into the arms of a still kneeling Evan, I knocked him to the ground and kissed him and then I whispered, “Yes.”



            And since that moment we’ve been engaged. We plan to get married when I turn nineteen, Evan was already nineteen but we decided to wait for a summer wedding, and plus I didn’t want to have a shot gun wedding like my mom. I wanted to see if Evan and I would truly work out.

            Our friends were shocked, some, like Charlie, were pretty pissed. Charlie and Evan were best friends and he thought that I’d take his friend away from him, but I assured him that I wouldn’t. The idea of me and Evan getting married has grown on Charlie now and he’s happy for us.

            When Naruto came back to Konoha after being gone for two or three years, we told him about the marriage and we asked him to come to our wedding and he happily agreed.

            We’ve all long since grown up from our trouble making days but we all stay friends and we’re even closer with the kids from the Chunin exams those three years ago and we still do missions whenever we can.

            I guess you can say that we all turned out okay. I won’t tell you how life turned out for the other four, but I can tell you that they’re all very, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment